Mustard is not only a popular product which is added to various dishes in order to make them spicy and improve taste, but, it is also a popular product that is used for treating various beauty and health problems. The seeds of a yellow flowered plant that can be found in Eurasia, which is actually mustard is a great substance for getting rid of heartburn.
Know that mustard is an alkaline food., and as far as you know, the reaction of alkalis with acids can lead to the neutralisation of both of these substances. Therefore, upon taking of mustard, this will decrease the level of acids in your digestive tract, thereby giving you immediate relief from heartburn.
How to Take Mustard for Heartburn?
1. Raw Mustard and Water
Yellow mustard is one of the most popular types of mustard for treating reflux. To get relief from this problem with digestion, you may swallow 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard with a glass of lukewarm water. In this case, it is not advisable to chew the seeds.
This remedy will help feel better immediately.
2. Raw Mustard and Buttermilk
Another way you to use the seeds of yellow mustard for your malaise is to take them with buttermilk and, asafoetida, cilantro, and salt. But, taking yellow mustard exclusively with buttermilk will help you as well. This remedy is perfect for those who are experiencing difficulties when taking mustard only with pure water.
1. Take about 3 teaspoons yellow mustard, then add them into a glass of buttermilk.
2. Prepare a mixture of these ingredients. Remember that the buttermilk should not be too thick. In case it is too thick, you can add a bit of water to dilute it.
Adding a teaspoon of chopped cilantro, a pinch of salt, and a teaspoon of asafoetida is not so important. This is just a matter of taste. If you like to improve the taste, you can use these additional ingredients. This will not affect the properties of mustard which are used for treating the malaise.
3. Mustard Powder, Water and Honey
You can simply take mustard powder with water, and you will get an immediate relief from your malaise. Yet, there are other remedies for heartburn using mustard powder, which will definitely help you. One of them is consuming mustard with honey and water.
1. Add 2 teaspoons of yellow mustard seed powder into 1 glass of water. You can take lukewarm water for this purpose.
2. You may also add 2 tablespoons of honey to this mixture to improve its taste. Also, you will be able to benefit from the properties of honey which is also great for the digestive tract.
3. Consume this remedy immediately after preparation,otherwise the mixture can lose its properties.
4. Tea Made from Mustard Powder
You can prepare tea which is very helpful for the health of your digestive system.
1. Boil 2 glasses of water in a kettle. When the water starts to boil, add 1 tablespoon of tea leaves. You can use either black or green tea.
2. When the water starts to boil with the leaves, add 2 teaspoons of yellow mustard seeds powder.
3. You can also add spices such as ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder or cardamom powder, 1/2 teaspoon granted ginger.
4. Wait until the tea is not hot and the temperature is below 40 °C., then you can add honey to the tea. Otherwise, the high temperature will damage all the vitamins that are present.
5. When the amount of water in the kettle is reduced to 1 glass, you can strain it, then fill your cup with the tea. It is much better to consume the beverage while still warm.
6. If you prefer drinking tea with milk, you can also add it as well. Take equal portions of water and milk, then add the milk at the moment when all the spices are added to the tea.
Remember that it is not recommended to drink green tea with milk.
1. Mustard for Heartburn: Its Benefits and Application
2. Why Mustard is a Must-Have If You Want to Look Beautiful
3. 7 Effective Home Remedies for Acidity
photo credit: pritikin