Avo on toast is so 2017. Soz, but it’s true. Yes you can jazz it up with a smear of Vegemite or a sprinkle of feta cheese, but after a while, the hype of Australia’s favourite breakie does get a tad same-same.
But behold, the newest and greatest version that will make getting out of bed on those chilly winter mornings one hundred times easier.
It also pack a heavy serve of your daily dose of veg, which of course, makes it even more enjoyable to devour. TBH it’s so good that we’ll be pleased to have this for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 225ml olive oil
Blend all together.
For the whole dish
- 2 slices sourdough
- 2 eggs
- ½ avocado
- 50g spinach
- Salsa verde
1. Slice avocado and fan out on plate.
2. Toast bread and butter, put onto plate.
3. Poached eggs – Put a pot of water on the stove and add white vinegar and salt to it. Bring to boil and then turn down to a simmer. Crack egg(s) into water and cook for 3 minutes for soft poached eggs.
4. While eggs are poaching sauté spinach, seasoning with salt and pepper
5. Place eggs and spinach on plate and then add salsa verde to dish.
6. Serve immediately.
Culina Et Vinum is a Modern European eatery offering a sophisticated take on the neighbourhood wine bar and restaurant headed by chef, Naomi Lowry.
Know someone who would find this interesting? Share this article with them!